No Matter is a creative development agency. We team up with design studios and advertising agencies to create compelling digital experiences on the web and beyond. From portfolio websites, to online stores and HTML5 games, over the years we have shipped award-winning projects for clients around the globe. We love experimenting with new and upcoming web technologies and always aim to push our limits further.
We are currently looking for a skilled Web Developer with experience in WordPress and Front-end technologies to join our team.
Are you a passionate Web Developer with an arsenal of technical skills, ambition and great interest in nerdy stuff and new technologies? Do you love creating seamless user experiences that provide measurable results for clients? Then be our guest, knock our door and help us transform brands for the digital world.
As a member of our team you will develop, deploy and maintain WordPress websites using the Roots stack (Sage, Bedrock and Trellis) and our internal component framework. You will be required to translate high-end designs into clean and re-usable code and structure the admin interface in a neat and comprehensible way for the website’s content editors. You will participate in our daily team meetings and communicate with the remote design teams whenever necessary throughout the development process.
To thrive in this role, you must own the following traits:
- You’re comfortable working independently as well as along side other developers
- You’re fluent in both verbal and written English.
- You’re curious and constantly crave to expand your skillset.
- You take pride in the quality of your work.
- You don’t take critical feedback personally.
- You’re happy jumping between projects and working on tasks of all kinds, from small bug fixes to architecting a whole front-end solution.
The skills we’re looking for:
- You have proven work experience as a WordPress / Front-end developer. You have built bespoke WordPress themes for clients or a theme marketplace.
- You have deep and demonstrable understanding of PHP and the WordPress Theme API.
- You’re familiar with browser testing and debugging and have an excellent understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- You are able to write clean, well-documented, re-usable and easy-to-maintain code.
- You know your way around version control with git.
- You’re obsessed with web performance and your markup follows SEO and accessibility best practices.
- You have an eye for detail and a deep understanding of layout aesthetics.
- You’re comfortable using one or more of the following design software in order to translate designs into code: Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch.
Got extra assets? Thrill us!
- Experience with the Roots stack (Sage, Bedrock and Trellis)
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Experience working with third-party APIs (such as Google Maps, Instagram and Facebook)
- Experience with a web animation library such as GreenSock (GSAP) and/or a WebGL library such as Pixi.js or Three.js
All you want.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work closely with a passionate and highly motivated team on challenging projects that will expand your knowledge on a daily basis.
- You will be given the opportunity to work on projects for important clients, as well as on self-initiated experimental projects. Have something cool in mind?
- Flexible working hours. Got some errands to run on a Tuesday morning? No problem.
- We happily provide software that you need to do your work better and easier.
- We promote continued learning by covering costs for books, courses and conferences.
- A neat office in the heart of beautiful Barcelona.
- The ability to work remotely after the initial integration with the team.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter must include:
- Your experience with WordPress theme development.
- What is your favorite Site of the Day on Awwwards and why.
- Details about your experience, qualifications and personality and why you should be considered for the position.
- Links to websites you have created and/or links to code you’ve written (on GitHub, BitBucket, etc)
- Profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
We take written communication seriously so please don’t forget to proofread your CV and cover letter before submitting. This is your chance to stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications. If you are a strong match we will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a code challenge.